Re: PROPFIND requests from gnome-vfs?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 10:20:04AM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Mozilla/IE don't provide WebDAV browsing functionality, AFAIK. If you go to
> > a WebDAV resource in Nautilus, it will give you a directory listing, not an
> > HTML page. (Wish I could point you towards tigert's old mac.com WebDAV thing
> > but it is all subscription-based now.)
>
> Maybe we should have a mean to allow http-only in gnome-vfs (add a
> specific webdav:// method ?)

  Just Plain Wrong ! WebDAV is a layer on top of HTTP. What you suggest
makes no sense both from an UI and from a technical point of view. Adding
an option to disable WebDAV might be sensible, but well basically if you
open port 80 on a server, you MUST per the HTTP spec expect other HTTP
methods than simply GET to be sent to it, GET, HEAD, POST might be the
most common but others are definitely part even of the core spec like
PUT.
  If you don't want to run a Web server close the port 80, if you do,
you have to accept the fact that various methods will be used.

Daniel