Re: GnomeURIEntry

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 13:08, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> > > Completion is great, but TAB is a very problematic choice.
> >
> > What's the alternative proposal? It must be an easy to reach key and if
> > possible it should not require any modifier, otherwise you miss all the
> > benefits of it.
>
> What about doing something like nautilus ? ie it autocompletes when you
> type, if you press tab and it is possible to complete, it does it,
> otherwise it goes to the next widget

Hmm, a little weird, but maybe OK (from a keynav perspective).  But
having "TAB" do "different" things depending on the state of what is
typed in the field seems a bit troubling, even though it seems
convenient "if you know" what is going on already.

I am dubious about state-dependent behaviors though, they can be very
confusing for blind users...

-Bill