Re: very rough pre-gep tentative new modules list

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 16:27, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2002, Luis Villa wrote:
>

> > *rhythmbox: most of you have probably heard of rhythmbox. It's another
> > app that wants to ambitiously aim for a 2.2 release, with the
> > understanding that the libs and the application itself may not be stable
> > in time for release. Both XP and OS/X come with apps like RB- we've got
> > a great one, so we should ship it if it is ready to go. Adds a gstreamer
> > dependency.
> >

> The list was missing Gstreamer so - there really should not be any gep
> written that proses the inclusion of media apps into the desktop before
> there has been a gep on the inclusion of a media framework.

As I very clearly stated, these are the end-user apps we must have to
make ourselves a modern desktop; libraries are something we clearly need
to work out but they are a means and not an ends. This list (I thought
it was clear) was about the ends.

Luis