Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 09:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Gregory Leblanc">
>
> > Well, gnome-* is redundant, but list isn't, unless you're looking at all
> > the headers.  There are lots of email addresses @gnome.org, some go to
> > lists of people, and some go to just one person.
>
> (Yeah, I agree with this.)
>
> > Email addresses @gnome.org should not contain gnome- at the beginning of
> > their name.
> > Email addresses intended for discussions (such as the current
> > 'desktop-devel-list' and the 'gnome-list') should have -list appended to
> > their name.
> > Email addresses intended to reach a group of folks, but not necessarily
> > for discussions (like the current 'release-team' and
> > 'membership-committee'[1]) should have -team appended to their name.
>
>                         ^ WARNING: HANGING FOOTNOTE! ;-)

Eeep!  My footnote is dangling!

> > Email addresses that go to a single individual (such as the current
> > 'director') should not have anything appended to their name.
> >
> > I think that covers what we're using @gnome.org emails for.  Thoughts?
>
> Much agreed, though I think it should be for future reference, than doing
> anything rash now (but I'm pretty sure you meant that anyway).

Err, yeah, that's what I meant.

[1] I know these "team" addresses actually do have discussions, but not
in the same manner as the "list" addresses.  Team's are generally not
open for Joe Gnomer to subscribe to.  The discussions are just among the
team members, and sometimes a few other people, who get individually
copied on all mails in a particular thread.

Clear as mud?
	Greg

--
Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com>