Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 14:14, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Murray Cumming">
>
> > On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 09:16, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > language-bindings       LA      need a list for general bindings disc'n?
> >
> > This list is low-traffic, but useful, and it doesn't have cross-over
> > with other lists. The language bindings page on www.gtk.org is
> > up-to-date because of it.
>
> Cool. I hope there'll be some consolidation of the bindings lists (languages
> vs. libraries, etc).

I'm not aware of any problems at the moment. Surely there aren't any
language-specific lists that aren't for discussion of specific bindings
libraries?

> Could the desc. be changed to: "GTK+/GNOME language bindings development
> discussion"? Happy to do it if you/James are happy with the change.

The current description doesn't seem too bad, though maybe it's too
long:

"
This mailing-list is for the discussion on GTK+ and Gnome language
bindings issues among binding maintainers.

It is also a common contact point for C hackers to binding maintainers
to ask for advice and API review.
"

I wouldn't mind if it's more clearly marked "devel".

--
Murray Cumming
murray usa net