Re: Happy Halloween from 5th toe the new version.

(replying to all, hope no one minds)

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:34:43 -0500 (EST)
> From: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>

> > xmonobut is not the "very wrong solution".  Regardless of whether you
> > think GNOME applications should use multiple mouse buttons, existing
> > applications, including most window managers, DO use multiple mouse
> > buttons, and there needs to be a way for touchscreen users to interact
> > with them.

I regulary use a Mac (in university you use what is available, queuing is
pointless) so while I much prefer a two button mouse (with scroll wheel) a
single button mouse makes a lot of sense.

The nicest thing about the single button on the Mac is that Ctrl+Click,
ALWAYS and i mean absolutely always is the same as Right Click.

This consistancey is brilliant and allow me to put one hand on the
keyboard and one hand on the mouse, i almost dont mind using a single
button mouse (although i still miss not having the scroll
wheel).

I have no idea what the equivalent to the middle mouse button is but you
never need the middle button on a Mac for select (copy to clipboard,
whatever it is called) from a terminal window.  AppleKey+C to copy works
even in the terminal and you still.

My point is can Gnome achieve this kind of total consistancy?

Tired, hope that made sense, provided some useful insight or something

g'night

Alan H