Re: Build sheriff proposal ...

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 17:50, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good idea.
>
> For my modules, anyone is welcome to put in a minimal fix for "does
> not build" at any time, as long as they send me email and have some
> confidence that their fix is right. I think GTK has a similar policy
> that small build fixes are always OK to just commit if maintainers
> aren't around.
>
> Havoc

Might I suggest that a similar policy is adopted for the SPEC files in
CVS for all GNOME modules. If the SPEC don't include some files it
should anyone with the needed skills are allowed to add them without
sending a patch to mailing-lists etc. Chris Chabot is doing some great
work updating the SPEC's to work with GNOME 2.0 now, so it would be a
shame if they became unworkable again because the maintainer of module X
didn't use RPMS and due to that didn't bother to keep it up to date with
changes.

Christian