Re: memory allocations / libxml

On 4 Mar 2002, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 05:35, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Again no idea what you're speaking about. Allocca is not portable,
> > I won't use it .
>
> Oh, come on.  Pretty much all the platforms we support have that, and
> it's really trivial to work around the portability problems anyways
> (AC_FUNC_ALLOCA).

libxml's supported platform support is diffferent from gnome's. Man pages
have been saying "alloca is system dependent, its use is discouraged" for
over a decade now - maybe its time to pay attention. Not that it shouldn't
be up to Michael to *FIRST* give proof that changing to alloca gives a
measurable benefit in this specific case anyways...

> --
> Ettore

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding