Re: looking for co-maintainer for intltool

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 03:34:19PM -0800, Darin Adler wrote:
> There's also a side issue that intltool is currently all perl scripts, but
> there's a documentation-related tool in there, that's C code contributed by
> Jonathan Blandford and Daniel Veillard that we might want to use of in the
> future. Also, we may want to do some more of it in C to make it do a better
> job parsing XML, although there are some good reasons not to do that. So

  I definitely subscribe helping to maintain that C code. On the other hand I
really don't grok Perl, so I can hardly suggest helping on the other stuff.

> there's a bit of a headache there, figuring out whether or not it has, for
> example, a glib and gnome-xml dependency, and whether it has to stop being a
> "noarch" package. One nice thing about intltool up until this point is that
> it worked perfectly well in either an all-Gnome1 world or an all-Gnome2
> world. Kinda universal, like pkgconfig is.

  yeah so far that tool isn't compiled it's commented out in Makefile.am
well it was last time I checked.

> So I'm looking for a volunteer.

  I'm not but I will maintain that piece of C code.

Daniel