Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Dick Porter <dick ximian com>
- Cc: gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: Daemons [Was: gob inside gnome-vfs ...]
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:37:41 +0100 (IST)
On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Dick Porter wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 12:39:38PM -0700, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 02:33, Dick Porter wrote:
> > >
> > > And doesnt GConf already give you all of those things? Has anyone thought
> > > about using that for storing metadata?
> > Yes, except we found a few cases where you'd want to attach larger files
> > as metadata (for example, an icon), and GConf did not seem appropriate
> > for storing this sort of data.
> So wouldnt it make sense to fix/extend/whatever GConf to cope with larger
> blobs of data than write a whole new system?
Or just save the files in ~/.gnome2/big-blobs-of-data and
reference them in gconf ?
][Date Next] [Thread Prev