Re: What about a GtkGlCanvas widget ? (Re: ANNOUNCE: GtkGLExt 0.3.0)
- From: Andy Tai <lichengtai yahoo com>
- To: Martin Quinson <Martin Quinson tuxfamily org>, Naofumi Yasufuku <naofumi yasufuku net>
- Cc: gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: What about a GtkGlCanvas widget ? (Re: ANNOUNCE: GtkGLExt 0.3.0)
- Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:39:54 -0700 (PDT)
3d graphics features like you described do not belong
to a GUI toolkit. There are several high-level 3D
graphics frameworks like OpenInventor that provide
what you suggested. It is just a matter of rednering
their output to a gtk widget. OpenInventor from SGI
is now LGPLed.
--- Martin Quinson <Martin Quinson tuxfamily org>
> Hello, I've been playing a bit with gtkgkext, and I
> like it very much.
> Still, I think it's too low level (as GL is). I
> dream of a GtkGlCanvas
> widget a generic engine to draw structured graphics
> in GL like the gnome one
> for 2D.
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
] [Thread Prev