Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...

Hi Seth,

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 20:28, Seth Nickell wrote:
> The use of GOB simply isn't worth all this strife. The benefits or costs
> of using or not using GOB are dramatically outweighed by the rise in
> tension and arguments. So...compromise...

	You make a simple, ( but annoying ) soul very happy.

> I plan to use GOB (on HEAD) until such time as I consider the most of
> the object work done for GnomeVFS 2.2 (I'm planning for this to be less
> than a month). At that point I will be willing to accept patches that
> de-gobitize GnomeVFS[1]. I personally feel this is mildly detrimental to
> maintenance, but the main benefit of GOB I am interested in is the
> coding flexibility while the object interfaces are still in process. On
> the anti-gob part, this means the GOB will only be in GnomeVFS for a
> relatively short amount of time, and won't make it into any released
> code (which should satisfy your main concerns).
>
> Does that seem acceptable to everyone?

	That sounds great to me; can I connect an async callback to that event
via gnome-hackers, such that it fires when you're ready ? I'll come and
make your C code so beautiful grown men will weep when they see it ;-)

	One minor query, de-gobitize, and the missing footnote '[1]' ?

	Thanks for being so constructive / reasonable, I suddenly have this
urge to hug you,

	Regards,

		Michael.