Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, Joe Shaw <joe ximian com>, vfs <gnome-vfs ximian com>, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...
- Date: 19 Jun 2002 10:22:45 +0100
On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 04:44, James Henstridge wrote:
> Of course, most of the structs in gnome-vfs can only be legitimately
> allocated by gnome-vfs functions, and there is no subclassing to worry
> about (and things like GnomeVFSFileInfo have a flags field to say which
> parts of the struct are valid), so it should be pretty easy to add stuff
> to the end of the structs.
Unless, that is - people have arrays of them lurking in their apps eg.
But if we need bin-compat breakage we need it instantly, really, really
soon - fast, very fast - With release team review and approval.
We also need to be able to release a gnome-vfs-2.0.1 without the ~5
accumulated more minor bug fixes of the last week on the gnome-2-0
branch [ although in fact getting approval for these would avoid the
need to re-branch at 2.0.0, since most of them seem pretty serious to
me, especially Damon's #84693 fix ].
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev