Re: release notes: Solaris

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 10:29, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Drazen Kacar wrote:
>
> > Are you sure that's enough? Even with all Solaris packages installed,
> > iconv_open() won't be able to convert between, say, "iso-8859-1" and
> > "utf-8". It won't accept anything in lower case, for a start. But even if
> > you use upper case names, the above conversion won't be accepted. (It will
> > accept only 8859-1 and ISO8859-1 as valid names for Latin 1.)
> >

> [snip]
>
> Well, yes, but if you actually want to use gnome - and not just gtk+ - you
> will need a gettext that has bind_textdomain_codeset. Users of Solaris 8
> don't have that in the libc version, this probably also needs to go into
> the release notes.

So this does not answer what I need to say in the release notes. What
should users of Solaris 8 do to get a gettext that has
bind_textdomain_codeset?

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead