Re: Proposed release process/plans
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Chema Celorio <chema ximian com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposed release process/plans
- Date: 10 Jun 2002 21:54:06 -0400
Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:
> On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 19:29, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Also part of the short-term plan is that we cut a 2-0 branch when
> > 2.0.0 goes out, and all future 2.0.x releases are rolled from that
> > branch; HEAD becomes the pre-2.2 branch.
> Why branch when 2.0.0 goes out and not before it? It might not be
> important right now but we should branch before the release to avoid
> having last minute commit that breaks everything. Also we don't have to
> go thru a "nobody commits now" period.
Hmm, currently the release team's suggestion was to branch _after_
(see my mail to Jacob earlier today). But we have this sort of
dead-end 2-0-0 branch that 2.0 gets cut from, before we create the
long-term 2-0 branch.
] [Thread Prev