Re: Proposed release process/plans

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 21:29, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some people from the board and release team sat down to come up with a
> proposal for what branches we will have after 2.0 is out, and what the
> goals of those branches will be. This turned out to involve thinking
> through the big picture of GNOME development for the next 18 months or
> so.

sadly this totally missed the issue i brought up last week... of 2.0.0
vs. 2.0.1 in CVS.  (un)fortunately it's becoming less of an issue as
people are doing 2.0.0 releases.  as long as people tag these, we can do
a 2.0.0 branch (for minor bug fixes until 2.0.1 is out) as needed.

in fact, it doesn't mention 2.0.x.y releases entirely.

did you guys discuss these types of releases at all?

jacob