Re: random thought about bug-buddy (in the 'very long term thinking' category)

Am Mon, 2002-07-08 um 18.32 schrieb Luis Villa:

> I'd argue that bug-buddy stack traces of this age are all either
> duplicates or resulting from broken installations. So /if/ people are
> going to suddenly rise up and give two shits about gnome 1.2, we're
> doing them a favor too. (Rather, if people rise up and give two shits
> about gnome2.0 in three years, we're doing /those/ people a favor.)

I'd like to mention that most bug-buddy reports (stacktraces) are
[mostly] useless because distributors tend to ship mostly with very
vague debugging information; that means that at most a functiontrace
without any linenumbers and parameters are available. To be honest:
I can live without them because they're worthless and even tend to
say that we should change bug-buddy to not offer sending stracktraces
for stripped binaries or such without debugging symbols...

That having said: Do we have any *complete* stacktrace about the 1.4
panel problem? It's hard to reproduce if not impossible for me and
having a debugger run for weeks in the hope to get a stacktrace is
overkill... :)

--
Servus,
       Daniel