Re: Detecting stylesheets and DTDs

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 05:25:40PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> * The script needs to be guaranteed to be available.
>
>     - Can we include it in libxml ?

  I commited it to the doc section

> * It needs to be run as often as necessary by the doc build system
>     - What if the user adds or removes a stylesheet ?  The doc build
>       system should rerun the script any time a run fails due to
>       missing style sheets then try again.

  This does not replace packaging. New DocBook packages should maintain
the XML Catalogs, it's the case already for RawHide ones

> * It should definitely not be writting into /etc.  Can we use
>   <prefix> from libxml or the current package ?

  Definitely, ah, that's interesting. I tell you one must create
XML Catalogs and root them in /etc/xml/catalog .
A Catalog is a global system wide resource ! Look at /etc/sgml
on your system, and tell me that again !

> * A fall back to the users home is ok but the doc build system needs
>   to be smart enough to look there by default without the user
>   setting some magic env var.

  This is a temporary solution until packages installs XML Catalogs
for people building and formatting docs.

Daniel