Re: 1.4.1 + Solaris [Was: GNOME 2.0 Desktop 'Alpha' Release]

tor, 2002-01-10 kl. 19:35 skrev Jeff Waugh:
> <quote who="Karl Gaffney">
>
> > Our plan is to make Gnome 2.0 Solaris Sparc binaries available as soon
> > as we have them build.
>
> Oh, are the 1.4 preview packages you guys have ready for dual install?
> Kjartan is still in the process of getting the 1.4.1 release out, you need
> to update the 1.x stuff when it comes out if not.
>
> Kjartan, what's the status of the 1.4.1 release? We really need it out
> before the beta (preferably for the alpha, but that's close to impossible
> now). Is there anything we can help you with?

I've finally gotten my net connection sorted out and have started work
on integrating patches to gnome-libs/gnome-core and going through
bugzilla looking for patches. Most of the good ones have been accepted
by Miguel and are commited to CVS. I'll probably do a gnome-libs release
soon. Next on the schedule is gnome-core, gnome-applets and if needed
I'll poke Bradford to see if we can get a control-center release from
control-center-1-0. I think that added translations alone is enough to
warrant a new release and I'm willing to do it myself if that's ok /
needed.

When these are done rc1 is good to go.

A few questions:

- how about including gnome-control-center in fifth toe for 1.4.x?

I think the only dependency that's not already in there is libcapplet. I
think adding this would be good since most people probably uses this
already (at least very few use the stuff from control-center-1-0
unmodified)

- is it ok to include libesmtp (for balsa) in 5toe
- same for g-wrap (for gnucash)

Cheers
Kjartan