libxml build fails for GNOME2

While using vicious-build-scripts or even while trying to build
gnome-xml manually, I get this error. I've had this for a few weeks now.
I've tried completely removing my gnome-xml and libxslt checkouts,
though gnome-xml doesn't seem to depend on libxslt as this error
suggests.

Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/gnome/head/cvs/gnome-xml/doc'
/usr/bin/xsltproc: Symbol `xmlDefaultSAXHandler' has different size in
shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/bin/xsltproc: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/bin/xsltproc: undefined symbol: xsltUnregisterAllExtModules
make[2]: *** [architecture.html] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/gnome-xml/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/gnome-xml'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net