Re: memory allocations.

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> After that memprof claims gtk_bin_get_child allocates 1012 blocks with
> a range of sizes from 10 to 36, but this is just bullshit and probably
> some sort of bug in memprof's stack tracing. So who knows what these
> blocks really are.

Eazel's sampling profiler, which is based on memprof's code, have also
sometimes given me false results. (I added a

for (i = 0; i < BIGNUMBER; ++i),

and prof told me that some other function was now responsible for 99%
of all time used).

So just as a general warning: be careful with figures from these
programs.