Re: memory allocations.
- From: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
- To: drepper redhat com (Ulrich Drepper)
- Cc: chabotc reviewboard com (Chris Chabot), hp redhat com (Havoc Pennington), iain ximian com (iain), gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: memory allocations.
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:16:57 -0500 (EST)
> And you are blaming the runtime. Fix these program. There is
> omething wrong if that many allocations are needed. Ever heard of
> object pools?
> The malloc in glibc 2.3 will have faster locking but this is still no
> excuse for programming like this.
Why does locking come into this. Is glibc not itself keeping per thread
pools to cut down locking overheads ? Is that perhaps something that it
should do rather than g_malloc ?
] [Thread Prev