Gnome-Media 1.176.0 is released (gnome2)

Gnome-Media 1.176.0: "Don't think of it as atomic energy, think of it as
a terrible nuclear force"

Say kids, what time is it?
Yes, it's that time again.
Have you ever wanted to play a CD in gnome, or maybe record some music 4
no musicians, or how about change the volume on your soundcard. Or maybe
all you want is to watch pretty lights bounce up and down. Then
GNOME-Media 1.176.0 is the package for you. It does all the above, and
lots[1] more[2].

Oh oh oh oh! Let us play, where is it?
http://primates.ximian.com/~iain/gnome-media/gnome-media-1.176.0.tar.gz.
Rumours have it that it may even be in ftp.gnome.org somewhere, but
thems just rumours, y'all.

New beats and pieces
====================
Well, the busy media elves have been busy and they tell me they've done
the following:

Gnome-CD:
* Made having bad preferences no longer an issue. If you set an invalid
device to be your CD device, it'll ask you to fix it.
* Uses the new CDDBSlave parser to achieve perfect[3] CDDB parsing.
* I made a new theme. Well okay, the lcd-theme was cloned again, and I
tinted the images red. Look, I told you my art skills suck didn't I?

CDDBSlave2:
* Made a new parser to achieve parsing perfection. No longer are
Godspeed You Black Emperor! song titles cut off halfway. No more shall
gnome-cd refer to The Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra and TraLaLa
Band as "ra and TraLaLa Band". Plus it looks nicer too.
* Bug fixes.
* Implemented a new interface for the clients to get data from the
parser. It's nifty.
* A properties capplet that does really funky things.

GMix:
* Marc Mulachy made it all accessible and stuff.

Seth Nickell also did some other stuff. See if you can find it...

I'm wild about that thing!
==========================
Here's what it looks like to make you even wilder.
http://primates.ximian.com/~iain/gnome-media

MD5Sum?
=======
Yep:
[iain discomachinegun gnome-media]$ md5sum gnome-media-1.176.0.tar.gz
14c6db60b2b1352da2f8fbecc30fee10  gnome-media-1.176.0.tar.gz

Have a blast, lets art.
iain

PS: How many Coldcut[5] references did you spot[6]?
[1] for varying amounts of lots[4].
[2] for varying amounts of more[4]
[3] for varying amounts of perfection[4]
[4] YMMV.
[5] http://ninjatune.net/coldcut/index.html
[6] I counted 11, I might be wrong.

--
"All men of conscience or prudence ply to windward, to maintain their
wars to be defensive." -- Roger Williams