Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.
- From: grahame azale net (Grahame Bowland)
- To: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:29:37 +0800
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:19:43AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> Be assured that the day they decide you are a nuisance the VM will acquire
> a patented neat feature that kills you off. Just ask the Samba people.
How can they patent a chunk of the APIs? If it's just a whole bunch
of class interfaces I don't see how they could tie it to a particular
If, for example they created a class that dealt entirely with GIF
images specifically there are ways around it; didn't someone implement
GIF without using LZW?
Grahame Bowland <grahame azale net>
] [Thread Prev