Re: Sticky keys applet

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 03:10, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Chema Celorio">
> Hi Chema,
>
> It might be worthwhile to add this functionality to mfcn's led_applet, which
> works well and looks sweeeeet. ;-)

On a second thought, Do we want to have that functionality on the
led_applet? I think not.

It is great as it is, simple enough to get the job done. It displays 3
bits of information, your keyboard leds. For sticky keys you need an
additional 8 bits of information to get all the states, combined that is
11 bits of data that you need to put in a nice pixmapy state. You can
have "Shift" locked and Caps lock and type lower case letters (but if
you hit a number key you'll get the ! #$% symbols).

It seems like they look similar but they are solving a different issue,
one would server users who have keyboards without leds, the other one
users that need sticky keys. Maybe what we should do is take the pixmaps
to make sticky-keys nicer.

regards,
Chema