Marking strings for translation (was: Re: POTFILES.in changes)
- From: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>, Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, nautilus-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Marking strings for translation (was: Re: POTFILES.in changes)
- Date: 18 Dec 2002 17:36:25 +0100
Am Mit, 2002-12-18 um 17.23 schrieb Jeff Waugh:
> <quote who="Christian Neumair">
> > Why are strings marked for translation if they don't occur in the final
> > product?
> Because these items aren't shipped in the final product. They're skipped so
> that you guys don't have to spend your time translating things that users
> are not going to see/use. It saves you time!
That did not anwer my question.
"(They) aren't shipped in the final product" and "users are not going to
So why are they marked for translation?
Anyway, translations are just useful for the average end-user, not for
] [Thread Prev