CVS abuse? (I think so.)

In the CVS module for the HIG there is a Java program 'fop' for the purpose
of building a PDF copy of the HIG. Neither a PDF nor a PostScript copy of
the HIG is generated on the gnome.org servers. Until 'fop' was added, the
only executables in the module were a few small shell scripts. The program
appears to consume 7k of a total of 17k for the HIG.

I think having that program in CVS is an abuse of the space. I'm tempted to
`cvs remove` it, but I'm guessing that would still leave a copy somewhere.

Should 'fop' be removed? How?

Cheers,
Greg Merchan

P.S. - This was sent once without a subject. I apologize for this, but
       not for mutt which offered only abort instead of a chance to
       correct the error.