Re: What does "dot.plan" mean?
- From: Gregory Merchan <merchan phys lsu edu>
- To: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
- Cc: murrayc usa net, Gnome Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: What does "dot.plan" mean?
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:39:11 -0600
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:58:18PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I don't know why the release planning section on developer.gnome.org is
> > called "dot.plan". I'd like to change it to "Release Plans" so that
> > civilians know what it is. Objections?
> "dot plan" is the ".plan" file in a users home directory that "finger"
> uses. Its old unix speak. Much as I am attached to it I suspect the UI
> guys would put the old name in the "stupid" category 8)
Hey, hey! It was one of the (former?) UI guys that proposed it.
(Though, originally it was just one dot.)
] [Thread Prev