Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

Hi,

> Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk> writes:
>
> > If you are reading several projects' mailing lists, and they all
> > dropped the name of the project from the mailing list names, you
> > would end up with five lists called "devel".

... all coming from gnome.org ? I don't see the point in having this be an
argument for keeping around redundant info in the email address.

> Yes ;-)  I strongly vote to keep the gnome- prefix and where it's
> missing please add it.

FWIW, I think gnome- should be dropped as well, if the list is hosted at
gnome, it's probably got to do with gnome.  If your mailer doesn't allow
for you to either prefix it yourself if you want, put it in a gnome
subfolder, or show you the mail list address, get a different mailer ;)

Thomas

We'll walk right up to the sun
hand in hand
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->