Printing a Gnome canvas

Hi,

I think that Gnome is missing a straitforward method to print the contents of the canvas. Others before me raised that problem.
I propose the following solution:

Add a function to ask the canvas to print itself, something like:
>    gnome_canvas_print (GnomeCanvas *canvas, GnomePrintContext *pc);
with probably some more parameters as width and height.

Add a print pointer in GnomeCanvasItemClass with the same extra parameters
>    void (*print) (GnomeCanvasItem *item, GnomePrintContext *pc);
so that each item type will print itself.

I don't know if this is really possible and it would add a dependance to libgnomeprint for libgnomecanvas. I suspect difficulties with the text items. May be I can help to implement such a thing as I need such an architecture or equivalent for GChemPaint, so I must do the work anyway.

Best regards,

Jean Bréfort
<jean brefort ac-dijon fr>