Re: GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> The GNOME 2.0 Release Team is working on a full revised schedule which
> we will annonce soon. In the meantime, we'd like to put together the
> Platform Alpha release.
>
> ** Packages are due by: Teusday, Sep 26, 19:00 GMT (that's 12 Noon US
> Pacific, 3 PM US Eastern, 8 PM London time)

We would like to include modules 'gail' and 'at-spi', both of which
should be functioning correctly against the current build of gnome-2.

> ** Please email <gnome2-release-team gnome org> when submitting
> packages; your request will most likely be handled by Sander.

I have sent packages to Sander.

> ** Packages do not have to be 100% API frozen for this alpha, but when
> submitting your package, please state whether it's totally API frozen,
> and if not, provide the list of exceptions (preferrably in the form of
> a bugzilla query).

gail 0.1 : exports no public API

at-spi-0.1 : not 100% API frozen, but IDL should be frozen
             barring API bugfixes and API additions.
	We may add additional language bindings in the near term.
	We hope that, since nobody depends on this API yet (except us),
	we can be forgiven some degree of slush in this library.

> Please don't wait right until the deadline - get your packages in (or
> tell us the current ones in the pre-gnome2 directory are suitable) as
> soon as possible.

OK, failed on this count.  But with 3 minutes to spare!

:-/

best regards,

Bill