Re: [Nautilus-list] GnomeVFS 1.0.2 Release

> Some people also don't like it when backwards-compatible API changes
> are made within a stable series. We don't really have an official
> policy on this and basically every module has done it.
>
> The three changes here are strictly additions and the authentication
> at least is a pretty important feature.

I thought the policy was that stable libraries had only bug fixes or
"essential" api changes, that make things unusable. This policy being so
that people could say "It works with GNOME 1.4" and it didn't matter
what versions of libraries you had, so long as it was at least gnome 1.4

But if I'm wrong, then I guess I'll shut up (Isn't that a first :)
iain

--
"It isn't rebels who cause the troubles of the world,
it's the troubles that cause the rebels." - Carl Oglesby