Re: What to do in order to make the gnome development platform rock.

On 15 Sep 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

[snip]

> If we were actually going to use Java, it would be different - we
> could "endorse" one Java binding by using that one. But in general I
> don't think we should "bless" stuff on the net that we don't use. We
> have enough trouble getting the set of stuff we _do_ use sorted
> out. (*conf controversy, bonobo controversy, etc.)
>
> Once one of the Java bindings is really mature it will become a de
> facto standard, the others will fade away, then we can point people to
> it. I'm not sure we want to push this sort of thing really hard before
> it's mature, anyway.

The other thing here is (which also is totally separate from any kind of
set of "official" or "non-official" bindings) is that the most 'natural'
way of accessing a large part of gnome will be via CORBA, which means we
have to make sure we are interoperable.

> Havoc

	Sander

I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.