Re: API docs locations

"R.I.P. Deaddog" <maddog linuxhall org> writes:

> However, under the perspective of packagers,
> /usr/share/doc/packagename-version/html can be a very bad choice, since
> %doc will install various docs there. I'm not sure about Redhat and Debian,
> but for Mandrake docs, %doc directory will be 'rm -rf'ed before placing
> any docs there, thus losing all API docs.

Red Hat probably does this too, but it seems pretty dumb if we can't
put real docs in /usr/share/doc. We could ideally do some RPM fixage
or come up with a hack for this. I'll ask the RPM experts.

Just occurred to me that including the version in the directory name
might make cross references hard to set up. (e.g. from GTK docs to
GLib docs)

Havoc