Re: gnome-terminal change

Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas online no> writes:
> It seems that the problem Stanislav is experiencing is related to
> gdk_fontset_load() vs. gdk_font_load() so it shouldn't have anything to
> do with additional APIs AFAICS. Smack me with a cluebar if this is wrong
> :)

Yeah, as I said before, anyone who is currently cheating by changing
font instead of locale in order to change language, gets hosed by
gdk_fontset_load(). This basically means that Eastern Europe hates the
patch. But, gdk_fontset_load() is required to work in multibyte
locales.

> The only problem I've seen with the patches is that they add a
> use_fontset variable which defaults to "enabled" but there's no gui part
> to disable it again. Is this right? Why not just add this checkbox and
> default "Use fontset" and "Use IM" to off?

We have a checkbox in our prefs called "Enable multibyte" or something
which toggles whether to use fontsets, IIRC.

Havoc