Re: Gnome-Media

On 16Oct2001 09:53AM (+0300), Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 08:31, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>     >  Do we want to get gnome-games into the core stuff? I'd
>     > say yes :)
>
>     No one will use a desktop that doesn't come with some cheesy gamelets,
>     so yes. :-)
>
> Maybe we should look through the games and see what are useful (if you
> are playing games, which ones? What about your son / daughter / mom /
> girlfriend / whatnot?), and see if we should drop some. I know that
> Mahjongg and Aisleriot are the favourites around here. And I liked
> Klotski, it was a very nice brain squeezer :)

In my games menu (dunno which of these are actually in gnome-games)
I'm fond of gattax, glines, gnibbles, iagno, mahjongg, same-gnome and
aisle riot. I'm all for ditching FreeCell and maybe splitting
some things off into Gnome Games Pack 2 or whatever and relegating it
to Fifth Toe.

> We could fix up some of the graphics on the games, so they look new.
> Even if they dont have massive changes in the codebase, it will give the
> impression that we wanted to do something new on that area too. It
> shouldnt be too hard to do small things like that.

Fixing up the art is practically free in terms of schedule time, as
long as we have people to do it. Are you volunteering? :-)

 - Maciej