Re: App porting document

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Malcolm,
>
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> > 3. I need a short list of major changes from 1.x to 2.x:
> >       - libglade
>
>         Almost nothing; the single most annoying thing is the change of
> signatures to include the translation domain:
>
> - GladeXML *glade_xml_new       (const char *fname, const char *root);
> + GladeXML *glade_xml_new       (const char *fname, const char *root,
>                                  const char *domain);

That may be true regarding exposed C API, but the DTD has changed a lot
(ok, well, there *wasn't* one before :-)

So there should be some docs regarding the DTD I think, since some
users may wish to generate or modify the XML by hand.

(I think they have to at the moment ;-)

Also there is a conversion script from the old glade XML format to the
new one,
it's not trivial to run/build the conversion since it depends on python2
and python-expat modules.  I think docs could be very helpful here.

-Bill