Re: intltool

on 10/5/01 9:18 AM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> Is this backward-compatible with xml-i18n-tools (i.e. should the
> intltools RPM conflict with xml-i18n-tools), or will people need to
> install the old xml-i18n-tools to build old packages?

intltool is 100% compatible with xml-i18n-tools (even ".cvsignore"
compatible). Let me know if you find any bugs in the compatibility layer.

> But if older packages work fine with intltool, we can just
> obsolete/provide xml-i18n-tools.

intltool is supposed to obsolete xml-i18n-tools; that's what the cvs spec
file does. If you decide that instead it should provide xml-i18n-tools that
would be OK too I guess. I don't really understand the distinction in the
RPM world.

    -- Darin