Re: Libgtop HEAD

"Kevin Vandersloot" <kfv101 psu edu> writes:
> Hi. All. I'm a little worried about the state of libgtop HEAD. It seems that
> Martin may have left it in a state of instability (at least the readme says
> so). Kristian tried compiling procman with HEAD and apparently there are
> some API changes as procman didn't compile.
>
> Considering that noone is maintaining it right now, I suggest that we
> consider porting the stable branch to GNOME 2.0 and using that for now.
> Unfortunately I don't know how much work that would entail.
>
> So does anyone have an opinion here? Does anyone actually have any
> familiarity with the code?

If no one else speaks up (maybe the load applet authors?), why don't
you become the libgtop maintainer for now, since you're the main user
of the lib?

I'd agree that we should just port the stable branch unless someone
really knows what's changed in HEAD and what remains to be done to
stabilize it - since it's using only glib, the port should be trivial.

Havoc