Educational Gnome [was Re: terminal servers]

Justin Maurer wrote:

> On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 16:21, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > So getting this to work is a big deal for helping out schools.
>
> [slightly offtopic? raving about the frustration and headaches LTSP
> saved me :) but don't skip over the guinea pig for gnome part below]
(Justin talked about apps of Gnome in education)

Just as another aside, the US D of Education now requires that (newly
acquired) computer hardware and software be accessible to people with
disabilities, I believe, and state governments are also adopting such
rules.  Another reason why Gnome accessibility is useful, since without
it some educational uses would be unfeasible for policy reasons.

-Bill