Re: terminal servers

I am very distrubed to see this thread appear at this time in GNOME's
development. I would never have known about X or Linux or GNOME had I not
wanted to stop travelling across town to the U. to use a real computer.

If such matters had been considered earlier we might now have:

 1) Bandwidth and latency testing of apps.
 2) Pre-release usability testing enabled by a single test host to
    user-testing labs almost anywhere on earth.
 3) Better collaboration and idea sharing by allowing others to run apps
    without having to ship source and recompile.

(further ranting censored for your protection)

This paper should bring to the fore some of what we should expect of GNOME:

  http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/lisa95/full_papers/gittler.txt