Re: FW: Nautilus and Setup Tools

<quote who="Maciej Stachowiak">

> I think it's worth making at least a nominal effort co come up with a
> common solution.
>
> But I do agree that having something GNOME-specific is better than
> nothing at all, if reaching agreement takes too long.

Doesn't KDE have a control panel that installs and xset fp rehashes fonts in
~/.fonts/ ?

  http://www.cpdrummond.uklinux.net/kfontinst-new/

Ah, seems it puts them in $KDEHOME/share/config/fonts/ which is a bit
pantsy. Anyway, this is what they're up to, if unofficially.

Perhaps we should chat to this dude (does KDE have dudes?) about putting it
in a more sane location for both, and then get George to write our font
manager capplet.

Ahem (cf. usability list). ;)

- Jeff

--
    "From my observation, when it comes to porting Linux to a particular
           device, a point doesn't appear to be necessary." - mpt