Re: an interesting message on gnotices

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 04:46:46PM -0400, Jonathan LaCour wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> I am the guy that posted that message on gnotices, read it and weap:
>
>     http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/reef/bundles/terraservice/
>
> Here is the source of a Reef bundle (eazel's new services architechture)
> that uses SOAP and Python (what a wonderful language) to retrieve
> TerraServer images.  I am not sure if it works, but it does verify the
> claim from gnotices =)  A bonobo component would be a great idea!  Maybe
> I will get around to doing this next week, I have been meaning to learn
> some more about bonobo.

It does work - I was using it :)

NautilusViews are bonobo components, but writing a special-purpose component
to do the terraservice stuff would be pretty cool too. I've heard really good
things about the python-bonobo bindings.

*flash-of-light*

What would be really cool would be a bonobo component that would be a proxy
for SOAP requests. It shouldn't take too long with python-bonbo and Soapy.
That way it would be really easy to integrate SOAP services with GNOME.

Ian