Re: C++ thingies

begin  Drazen Kacar quotation:
> Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
>
> > I don't need to explain the potential consequences of having such a
> > funcion in a public library for the C++ people (but anyway, you should
> > name your functions as a mad to actually collide with the compiler).
>
> Yeah, but what's the probability that a C++ compiler would just refuse
> to compile the source with such identifiers?
>
> I found a lot of them in libgda (needed by gnome-db), which then led to
> ORBit. "nm libORBit.so | grep __" will reveal a certain number of
> functions with global visibility. I don't know if all of them are public,
> but some are (PortableServer_POA__get_* functions, at least, I think).

These function names are required by the C CORBA mapping. Also, the
ORBit IDL compiler will generate function names with double
underscores and there is no way to avoid it while remaining
CORBA-compliant. I think the specific names used here are unlikely to
clash with mangled C++ identifiers.

Regards,

Maciej