Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

Alan Cox <alan redhat com> writes:

> > One area where we can be glad that gnome.org is hosted in the US.
>
> Sorry to disappoint you but
>
> a) US free speech only covers a subset of things
> b) The owners can be subject to non US action

While I won't dispute with either of these assertions, I'd be
considerably more worried about such legal issues if gnome.org was in
the UK or Germany.

> news.gnome.org needs to either lose the comments or moderate them

For me, a more compelling reason for dealing with offensive
comments is simply that they are offensive - they look bad
for GNOME, they discourage potential contributors, and they
add nothing positive to our web presence.

Regards,
                                        Owen