Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy

> When I had a discussion with Christian and Erik (gstreamer author) they
> basically agreed that GStreamer was addressing the problem of multimedia
> framework and not sound I/O.

Would you like to outline what you perceive as the differences between
these two? Sound is a form of multimedia, and one of the concerns of a
good multimedia framework should be I/O.

>From a more GNOME focused stance...shouldn't the user be able to assign
"sounds" of any format to events? mp3, wav, midi, whatever? I don't see
an inherent reason to limit ourselves to having a "sound I/O" api and a
"multimedia framework api" unless we can't get the multimedia framework
to have low enough latency.

-Seth