Re: RFC: GNOME 2.0 Multimedia strategy

Jeff Waugh <jdub aphid net> writes:

> > Or at least we should have a "GNOME configuration" that disables remote
> > connections.
>
> Unfortunately, not good enough (though it would suffice for a short while).
> Don't forget the 'N' in GNOME, especially with GNOME 2.0 coming along. :)
>
> [ Besides, network-enabled sound daemons are fun in large offices. ]

Woah, I'm getting a vision :-)

Dudes, Napster is dead, long live libgnome - libgnome, the super-cool new
library which contains all functionality you need.

In five years, all people will be using either GNOME or KDE and they'll all
have a network-aware sound server .....

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)