Re: what's happening to Nautilus, other packages (Eazel)

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 04:33:14PM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> 	gnome-vfs -- Ian McKellar <yakk yakk net> is going to take over as
> gnome-vfs maintainer. The good news is that gnome-vfs is already working
> as part of the GNOME 2 platform. Short term priorities for gnome-vfs
> include filling out the documentation for programmers and finishing a new
> API for handling authentication (done by Mike Fleming). I'd also like to
> see a Samba module and an ssh module to fill out the kinds of file systems
> that gnome-vfs works with, but we don't have any volunteers for that yet.

Right now I'm hacking on SSL support and a couple of other things to let
people use gnome-vfs as the best backend for all browser-type applications.
I've got some other ideas my sleeve for the GNOME 2.0 time-frame that I
can't think of right now ;-)

Let me know if you've got some ideas for what we can do to make gnome-vfs
better.

Thanks,

Ian