Re: Call for screenshots.

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 01:53:04PM +0800 or thereabouts, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> Umm .. the original mail said (and I quote)...
>
> Now, if everybody uses the same theme in the same window manager, how is
> that showing off the beauty and configurability?

Since people are invoking GDP, can I note one idea we abandoned but
I loved. Have loads of different themes and wms, and note, at the bottom:

windowmanager(and version number)
windowmanager theme
gtk theme
any font changes
...and the OS it was running on.

The advantage of this was that it would make the point that not everyone
ran Gnome on Linux, which at the time was a common perception.

Something to note about screenshots: I find the ones with fifty
billion applications open at once impossibly confusing. Which windows
go with which? What's _that_? Etc.

Oh, some which are at low resolution and screen sizes would be nice :)

Telsa