[gnome.cvs-commits] A new super-cool loginfo script

--- Begin Message ---
Hi guys,

if you're reading cvs-commits-list to track commits to your
modules, you may soon find out that it now sucks a lot less
than it did before :-)

This afternoon, I replaced our good old newlog.pl with a new
martin-log.pl which has 4 new features:

* if two people are committing at the same time, their log
  messages won't be screwed up anymore.

* if you're committing to several modules at once, the script
  will send one log message per module to cvs-commits-list
  (previously the log message was assigned to the last module
   and all file and directory names in it were screwed up).

* there's a "X-CVS-Module: <modulename>" header in the mail

* since we're getting more and more translations and most
  developers are only interested in actual commits to their
  modules which are not only translations, there's a new
  "cvssilent" feature.

  There's a file called CVSROOT/cvssilent which contains some
  perl regexps. A commit is considered silent unless it contains
  a least one file which does not match any of these regexps.

  If a commit is silent, a "X-CVS-Silent: yes" header is inserted
  in the cvs-commits-list mail (but it'll not suppress this mail).

If there are any problems with the new scripts or you have any
feature suggestions, just let me know ....

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)